Challenges of Surplus Property - West & Wales Members Meeting - 17th January 2019
West & Wales Region Meeting:
Challenges of Surplus Property
The first West & Wales members meeting of 2019 will take place on 17th January at our Corporate Partner KPMG's Bristol offices from 16:00 - 18:00. This will be followed by the West & Wales members dinner. Please click here to find out more about the dinner and to book a place.
Mark Bayley (Real Estate Advisory Services Ltd) and Tim Sloggett (KPMG), will be discussing the challenges of surplus property.
Real Estate is a major cost to corporate occupiers and is typically:
- A significant store of corporate value through property ownership
- A significant and often hidden financial liability
- Typically the second largest annual operating expenditure
- A Prime focus for value creation and cost synergies
- despite this Real Estate is:
- A complex resource that is often under-managed
- Seldom represented at a senior level
- Often a reason why disposals fail to deliver shareholder value
Mark will consider opportunities to unlock value from Real Estate that is deemed surplus to requirements.