Anthony Fairbanks Weston EagleSpur Limited
Role: Adviser / Consultant / Coach
After an early career in the Army, Anthony has spent the last two decades forging a second career as an independent Turnaround Director and professional interim. Over this period he has undertaken a broad variety of board-level business transformation, turnaround and restructuring assignments across the public and private sectors, leading teams and making things happen.
Anthony almost exclusively works with organisations that are facing significant operational and financial challenges on complex and sensitive high-profile restructuring and transformation programmes that have one thing in common: there is the opportunity to really ‘make a difference’ – influencing and driving change, building and leading strong teams and delivering successful outcomes.
Here is a selection of recent assignments:
– Business advisory role with award winning food manufacturing business.
– Restructuring of a high profile Premier League Football Club in preparation for successful sale.
– Business recovery of three multi-site Further and Higher Education Colleges
– Restructuring and leading the communications, stakeholder relations and policy teams at the NPIA IMPACT Programme; a national ‘mission critical’ programme that would change the way the Police Service shared information;
– Leading high-level consultation exercise and strategic review for a rail industry client that would shape future strategy, operating models and delivery capability, leading to a restructuring of the UK operating divisions ;
– Merger of three training schools into single Joint Service training school and creation of the UK Defence Media Operations Centre.
Anthony specialises in delivering complex and sensitive turnaround programmes, employing robust governance, progress reporting and programme management alongside innovative and sustained stakeholder relations, engagement and communications; building and maintaining stakeholder relationships across wide-ranging, multi-disciplinary and often politically charged landscapes. He is a strong, collaborative and inspirational leader who combines clarity of thought and vision, strategic insight and robust planning, with a ‘can-do attitude’ and the ability to enthuse and motivate others; encouraging them to challenge embedded practices and, above all, look for solutions.
- Institution Backed
- Not For Profit
- Private Equity Backed
- Public Sector
Average Company Size (£Million)
- > 100
- > 250
AVERAGE ASSIGNMENT LENGTH (MONTHS)
- 12 months
- Transport & Logistics
- Business Services
- Media & Entertainment