ESG: From tick box to the ever increasing relevance of ESG in turnarounds
The IFT Midlands Committee are pleased to be re-starting in person events with an evening hosted by Rob Moran, Partner at PwC.
Throughout the past year, the dialogue around ESG has continued to rise up the agenda of the general public, the press and the boardroom. It’s no longer enough to pay lip service to these principles via high level policies or public commitments. But what does this mean for the restructuring community?
Rob Moran, with the help of a number of his restructuring colleagues will bring to life how ESG is increasingly part of the conversation in turnaround situations and what you need to know to get ahead of the curve.
We will cover:
- ESG essentials – a brief recap of what you need to know;
- Investment and financing – access to funding and investment decisions is increasingly dependent on ESG;
- Carbon reduction activities – what we’re doing to support clients through significant restructuring in order to deliver on decarbonisation targets; and
- The Green IBR – how the operational and financial implications of ESG strategies are becoming part of stakeholder discussions in restructurings.
To ensure we have as much time as possible for networking we have increased the time available pre and post the talk so if you can’t make it for the whole evening then please feel free to come along to one of the networking sessions as best suits your diary.
5:15pm – Networking over coffee
6:00pm – Formal presentation and Q&A
6:45pm – Networking over drinks
We look forward to seeing a great mix of Independent and Corporate members on the night. Please make yourself aware of and follow any Covid-19 related rules that are in place on that day.
If you would like to register for the event please email Info@the-ift.com.
- Date: 23.03.22
- Price: Free
- Space Available 50
- Location: PwC, One Chamberlain Square, Birmingham, B3 3AX
REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT
NEXT EVENT - 13.12.2023
- Date: 14.12.2023
- Name: SOLD OUT – IFT NEXT WEST & WALES BREAKFAST SOCIAL
This event is sold out. Meet and catch up with turnaround professionals in your region at an IFT breakfast social:FIND OUT MORE
- Date: 14.12.2023
- Name: IFT NEXT MIDLANDS BREAKFAST SOCIAL
HOSTED BY CHARLOTTE DOYLE OF SHOOSMITHS, GARY FOSTER OF HSBC & AINO MILES OF DLA PIPER.FIND OUT MORE
- Date: 11.01.2024
- Name: Webinar: A Round up on Directors’ Duties for CROs with Macfarlanes
Join us to on 11th January to hear all about: The board level pitfalls to avoid when a company gets into financial difficulty including managing shadow directorship risks; Practical steps when dealing withFIND OUT MORE