ESG: From tick box to the ever increasing relevance of ESG in turnarounds
The IFT Midlands Committee are pleased to be re-starting in person events with an evening hosted by Rob Moran, Partner at PwC.
Throughout the past year, the dialogue around ESG has continued to rise up the agenda of the general public, the press and the boardroom. It’s no longer enough to pay lip service to these principles via high level policies or public commitments. But what does this mean for the restructuring community?
Rob Moran, with the help of a number of his restructuring colleagues will bring to life how ESG is increasingly part of the conversation in turnaround situations and what you need to know to get ahead of the curve.
We will cover:
- ESG essentials – a brief recap of what you need to know;
- Investment and financing – access to funding and investment decisions is increasingly dependent on ESG;
- Carbon reduction activities – what we’re doing to support clients through significant restructuring in order to deliver on decarbonisation targets; and
- The Green IBR – how the operational and financial implications of ESG strategies are becoming part of stakeholder discussions in restructurings.
To ensure we have as much time as possible for networking we have increased the time available pre and post the talk so if you can’t make it for the whole evening then please feel free to come along to one of the networking sessions as best suits your diary.
5:15pm – Networking over coffee
6:00pm – Formal presentation and Q&A
6:45pm – Networking over drinks
We look forward to seeing a great mix of Independent and Corporate members on the night. Please make yourself aware of and follow any Covid-19 related rules that are in place on that day.
If you would like to register for the event please email Info@the-ift.com.
- Date: 23.03.22
- Price: Free
- Space Available 50
- Location: PwC, One Chamberlain Square, Birmingham, B3 3AX
REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT
NEXT EVENT - 13.06.2023
- Date: 13.06.2023
- Name: Handy HR: How to Manage Restructures, TUPE & Redundancy Without Breaking the Law!
Have you managed a restructure, TUPE or redundancy process before? On top of being tricky and stressful, they’re an employment law minefield. With so much to think about and little room for error, the lastFIND OUT MORE
- Date: 14.06.2023
- Name: Restructuring Plans Webinar: A Guide for Independent IFT Members
Alongside a range of insolvency measures, the 2020 Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act ushered in some key turnaround tools. Due to Covid measures and economic conditions, it has taken some time for cases to workFIND OUT MORE
- Date: 20.06.2023
- Name: Food and Agriculture Webinar
Rethinking food and drink supply chains Businesses have always relied on suppliers to get their products and services from producers to customers. But with geopolitical and economic shocks threatening global foodFIND OUT MORE
- Date: 27.06.2023
- Name: Breakfast Briefing – From turnaround through to transformation: how business values are driving success for Willerby Holiday Homes
Willerby Holiday Homes was the IFT Large Company Turnaround Award winner in 2017. Since then this £200m+ turnover business with 1200 employees has provided a microcosm of the challenges thrown at UK businesses:FIND OUT MORE
- Date: 29.06.2023
- Name: AUTOMOTIVE UPDATE WEBINAR
We will be joined by Lee Swinerd and colleagues from Interpath Advisory for an update on the automotive sector. They will be running through some of their recent experiences across a number of automotive jobs and willFIND OUT MORE
- Date: 08.09.2023
- Name: IFT NATIONAL CONFERENCE 2023
Tickets are now on sale for the IFT National Conference, the key knowledge and networking event for the turnaround business community. This year the conference takes place on Friday 8th September at No.11 CavendishFIND OUT MORE
- Date: 19.10.2023
- Name: The IFT Annual Awards 2023
We are delighted to announced that submissions are now open for this year’s IFT Annual Awards. To submit an entry, please complete one of the two forms below: For Individual and Firm Awards: TurnaroundFIND OUT MORE