ESG: From tick box to the ever increasing relevance of ESG in turnarounds
The IFT Midlands Committee are pleased to be re-starting in person events with an evening hosted by Rob Moran, Partner at PwC.
Throughout the past year, the dialogue around ESG has continued to rise up the agenda of the general public, the press and the boardroom. It’s no longer enough to pay lip service to these principles via high level policies or public commitments. But what does this mean for the restructuring community?
Rob Moran, with the help of a number of his restructuring colleagues will bring to life how ESG is increasingly part of the conversation in turnaround situations and what you need to know to get ahead of the curve.
We will cover:
- ESG essentials – a brief recap of what you need to know;
- Investment and financing – access to funding and investment decisions is increasingly dependent on ESG;
- Carbon reduction activities – what we’re doing to support clients through significant restructuring in order to deliver on decarbonisation targets; and
- The Green IBR – how the operational and financial implications of ESG strategies are becoming part of stakeholder discussions in restructurings.
To ensure we have as much time as possible for networking we have increased the time available pre and post the talk so if you can’t make it for the whole evening then please feel free to come along to one of the networking sessions as best suits your diary.
5:15pm – Networking over coffee
6:00pm – Formal presentation and Q&A
6:45pm – Networking over drinks
We look forward to seeing a great mix of Independent and Corporate members on the night. Please make yourself aware of and follow any Covid-19 related rules that are in place on that day.
If you would like to register for the event please email Info@the-ift.com.
- Date: 23.03.22
- Price: Free
- Space Available 50
- Location: PwC, One Chamberlain Square, Birmingham, B3 3AX
REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT
NEXT EVENT - 25.05.2022
- Date: 25.05.2022
- Name: IFT Next West & Wales Launch in Bristol – in partnership with PwC
IFT NEXT is aimed at professionals who have identified turnaround and business support as their long-term career pathway. Typically, these professionals will have established themselves at a management levelFIND OUT MORE
- Date: 07.06.2022
- Name: Lunchtime Learning Webinar – The Take On Meeting
Our next lunchtime learning session will hear from IFT Fellow Robert Griffiths, followed by a Q&A, chaired by Charlotte Doyle of Shoosmiths. Robert has been a Restructuring Adviser at KPMG, Corporate FinanceFIND OUT MORE
- Date: 09.06.2022
- Name: Assessing the Impact of the Pension Schemes Act 2021 – Webinar with Cardando Advisory
We are pleased to invite you to a presentation with Alex Hutton-Mills, Managing Director and Dan Mindel, Managing Director, of Cardano Advisory, discussing the impact of the Pension Schemes Act 2021. This session willFIND OUT MORE
- Date: 14.06.2022
- Name: NORTH WEST COFFEE CAROUSEL
We’re excited to be hosting our first Coffee Carousel morning for the North West region on 14th June between 9am and 10am. Coffee Carousel is a simple, but powerful way to bring together the regional turnaroundFIND OUT MORE
- Date: 15.06.2022
- Name: LONDON & SOUTH COFFEE CAROUSEL
We’re excited to be hosting a Coffee Carousel morning for the London & South region on 15th June between 9am and 10am. Coffee Carousel is a simple, but powerful way to bring together the regional turnaroundFIND OUT MORE
- Date: 16.06.2022
- Name: Midlands, West & Wales Coffee Carousel
We’re excited to be hosting a Coffee Carousel morning for the Midlands, West & Wales region on 16th June between 9am and 10am. Coffee Carousel is a simple, but powerful way to bring together the regionalFIND OUT MORE
- Date: 21.06.2022
- Name: IFT NATIONAL CONFERENCE 2022
Tickets are now on sale for the IFT National Conference, the key knowledge and networking event for the turnaround business community. This year the conference takes place on 21st June at No.11 Cavendish Square,FIND OUT MORE
- Date: 30.06.2022
- Name: LUNCHTIME LEARNING WEBINAR – EFFECTIVE TEAMWORKING
Our next lunchtime session will focus on making the most out of teamwork, led by Susan Blum, IFT Associate, followed by a Q&A chaired by Lizzy Wood of Shoosmiths. Susan has 30 years’ experience working as aFIND OUT MORE