IFT event with DLA Piper Rent Arbitration: Will it be enough for Covid-affected businesses?
The IFT, in conjunction with DLA Piper, wish to invite you to a breakfast briefing on the incoming Rent Arbitration Scheme and the anticipated withdrawal of support for commercial tenants towards the end of Q1.
The Scheme is intended to help landlords and tenants settle disputes over rent arrears accrued during the pandemic.
DLA Piper will share their thoughts on:
- the scope of the Scheme, how it will work in practice and whether it will be effective
- how parties might use the Scheme to their advantage, particularly in combination with other restructuring tools
- the options which will be available to parties as we move towards (and then beyond) the end of Q1
DLA Piper will also provide a short market update on developments in the use of the CVA and Restructuring Plan, in the context of restructuring lease liabilities.
The session should last no more than 45 minutes. It is intended as a knowledge sharing exercise and there will be Q&A opportunities throughout.
If you would like to register for the event and receive the joining instructions please email Info@the-ift.com.
- Date: 02.03.22
- Price: Free
- Space Available 98
- Location: Virtual
REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT
NEXT EVENT - 13.06.2023
- Date: 13.06.2023
- Name: Handy HR: How to Manage Restructures, TUPE & Redundancy Without Breaking the Law!
Have you managed a restructure, TUPE or redundancy process before? On top of being tricky and stressful, they’re an employment law minefield. With so much to think about and little room for error, the lastFIND OUT MORE
- Date: 14.06.2023
- Name: Restructuring Plans Webinar: A Guide for Independent IFT Members
Alongside a range of insolvency measures, the 2020 Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act ushered in some key turnaround tools. Due to Covid measures and economic conditions, it has taken some time for cases to workFIND OUT MORE
- Date: 20.06.2023
- Name: Food and Agriculture Webinar
Rethinking food and drink supply chains Businesses have always relied on suppliers to get their products and services from producers to customers. But with geopolitical and economic shocks threatening global foodFIND OUT MORE
- Date: 27.06.2023
- Name: Breakfast Briefing – From turnaround through to transformation: how business values are driving success for Willerby Holiday Homes
Willerby Holiday Homes was the IFT Large Company Turnaround Award winner in 2017. Since then this £200m+ turnover business with 1200 employees has provided a microcosm of the challenges thrown at UK businesses:FIND OUT MORE
- Date: 29.06.2023
- Name: AUTOMOTIVE UPDATE WEBINAR
We will be joined by Lee Swinerd and colleagues from Interpath Advisory for an update on the automotive sector. They will be running through some of their recent experiences across a number of automotive jobs and willFIND OUT MORE
- Date: 08.09.2023
- Name: IFT NATIONAL CONFERENCE 2023
Tickets are now on sale for the IFT National Conference, the key knowledge and networking event for the turnaround business community. This year the conference takes place on Friday 8th September at No.11 CavendishFIND OUT MORE
- Date: 19.10.2023
- Name: The IFT Annual Awards 2023
We are delighted to announced that submissions are now open for this year’s IFT Annual Awards. To submit an entry, please complete one of the two forms below: For Individual and Firm Awards: TurnaroundFIND OUT MORE